Tuesday, August 25, 2009

When it rains, it pours!

Well, I am trying to keep a positive attitude. I keep telling myself that God won't give me more than I can handle and that no matter what he's going to take care of me. With that being said, he gave me a new problem to handle!

Travis woke me up at 5:30 this morning b/c someone had busted the window of his truck out and stolen his wallet(credit cards, debit card, ID, Social Security card, etc.)! Well, he was just going to go to work and get the window fixed but I told him he needed to file a report. So he called the sheriff's office. While we were waiting, I suggested he check my car. I didn't see any damage on the outside. It was TRASHED on the inside. But I wasn't worried b/c the only thing I could remember being in there of value was the girl's DVD player. Until Travis' asked if my camera had been in the car. I LOST it then. I had left my fancy Canon camera with my expensive lens in the console yesterday after taking Kate's first day of school pictures! That means I have no camera and no pictures of Kate! Then I realized that my camera bag was in there, too. It had my video camera that I had bought last November, my extra lens, all my chargers (even my small digital camera that I keep in my purse's charger).

Once I composed myself, I went and found the boxes for the items and luckily I had some serial # for the deputy. Hopefully if someone pawns them they will get caught.

I got Kate ready for school, sent her with my mom, Travis finally left for work after the officer finger printed my vehicle. Then I got Ally ready for school. I went to my car to take her and realized that they had stolen my makeup bags. I had 2 in the car one that I normally carry in my purse and one that is a backup that stays in the console. Over $200 worth of makeup! What are they going to do with that! Plus, they stole the DIAPER BAG! Why would they need that!!! I was so mad!

I feel so angry! I lost all the video's on my camera from the last year, all my pictures that I hadn't downloaded, etc. I even had to take Ally to school with NO makeup on!

But, on the positive side. No one was hurt. My family is ok. That's the ONLY thing that makes me feel better! I do know that somehow some good has to come out of all the bad luck we've been having lately! And I am trying so hard to stay positive!

2 comments:

  1. When God brings us to it....he will see us through it! So much easier said than done! Hang in there! It's gotta get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Steph! I am so sorry! I can only imagine how upset you are! I hope you are doing well. And baby is doing well! Give everyone a hug for me! Love Me

    ps: i just started my blog too! look me up.
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete